Court Forms

This page contains the most commonly used forms by pro se litigants in the United States District Court, Central District of California.  You can fill out the forms online on this site or you can print the forms out and fill them out by hand.

How to Use Fillable Forms

A fillable form has fields in which you can enter text. The box for the field appears when you click next to the place where you want to enter text. A fillable form may also have boxes you can check.

How do I download a form?

  • The forms and instructions in this web site are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader versions 6 or above to use the fillable forms. Click here to download Reader FREE. The forms will not work with any version of Adobe Acrobat Reader issued before Reader 6.0.
  • Once Adobe Acrobat is installed, you can download a form by clicking on the form number. The form will appear on your screen. You may fill out the form online and print it; or print the blank form and fill it out by hand.
  • If you already have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you can download forms and instructions and print them out.

How do I find out what version of Adobe Reader I have?

  • Open your Adobe Reader program, click on Help, then click on About Adobe Reader. A box will appear that will show which version of Adobe Reader you have.
  • Who can I contact for more help?
  • For help installing and using Adobe Reader or another Adobe program, contact Adobe through its website at

Tips for Filling Out and Handling Your Court Forms

  • Be sure your forms are clear and easy to read. Use dark blue or black ink.
  • Write your legal name, current address, daytime phone, fax number, and e-mail addresses (if any) at the top left of the first page of each form.
  • If you do not have a lawyer, write “in pro per” underneath your address on all court forms.
  • Fill out your forms completely and accurately. If something does not apply to you, write “N/A.” This means not applicable.
  • Sign each form where your signature is requested. Use dark blue or black ink only.
  • If you need help filling out your forms, you can ask a lawyer or visit one of the Federal Pro Se clinics.  Clerk’s office employees are not permitted to provide legal advice to help you in filling out your forms.